What foods are not allowed on the South Beach Diet?
Phase 1: Foods to Avoid
- Fatty meat and poultry.
- Butter and coconut oil.
- Whole milk.
- Foods made with refined sugar.
- Honey, maple syrup and agave nectar.
- All fruits and fruit juice.
- Beets, carrots, corn, turnips, yams, peas, white potatoes and winter squash.
Why the South Beach diet is bad?
May Contribute to Disordered Eating
Any diet that labels foods as “good” and “bad” hold the potential to result in disordered eating and an unhealthy relationship with food. Because the South Beach Diet places such an emphasis on “good” and “bad” carbohydrate sources and fats, it may lead to food fear.
What snacks can I eat on South Beach Diet Phase 1?
Here are 10 healthy snacks to keep in your kitchen:
- Hard-boiled Egg with Salt and Pepper. …
- Cottage Cheese with Sliced Cucumbers and Fresh Salsa. …
- Turkey Lunch Meat, Lettuce and Tomato Roll-ups. …
- Homemade Guacamole with Red Bell Pepper Slices. …
- Mixed Nuts. …
- All Natural Peanut Butter with Celery Sticks.
Is milk allowed on South Beach Diet?
Dairy products contain carbohydrates naturally in the form of sugars and will have more if they are sweetened. With newer South Beach Diet recommendations as of 2016, you are allowed full-fat dairy products, limited to two servings per day as part of your daily protein allowance. A serving is 1 cup.
What are the 3 foods to never eat?
Here are my top five:
- Hot dogs. Processed meats in general are just one of the worst things you can put into your body. …
- Pretzels. Pretzels were the ultimate wolf in sheep’s clothing type of food. …
- Diet soda. Just because something is calorie-free doesn’t mean it’s chemical-free. …
- Processed pastries. …
- Fluorescent orange snacks.
Is oatmeal OK on South Beach Diet?
Oatmeal is too high in carbs for a traditional low-carb diet, but this Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal is low-glycemic and is approved for phase two or three of the South Beach Diet.
Can you eat bananas on South Beach Diet Phase 1?
In fact, many healthy foods are not allowed during Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. Fruit is a good example. Whole fruit contains fiber and other healthy vitamins and minerals. But because fruit contains a lot of sugar (fructose) it is not allowed during Phase 1.
What are the disadvantages of the South Beach Diet?
Cons Of The South Beach System
- Uses The Glycemic Index. …
- Very Restrictive First Phase. …
- Not Enough Structure. …
- Too Many Inconsistencies. …
- Confusing Glycemic Index Values. …
- Ketosis Risk Because Fruits Excluded In Phase 1. …
- Too Rapid Weight Loss. …
- Serious Health Risks.
What do you eat for breakfast on the South Beach Diet?
A typical day’s menu on the South Beach Diet
- Breakfast. Breakfast might be an omelet with smoked salmon or baked eggs with spinach and ham, along with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Lunch. Lunch might be a vegetable salad with scallops or shrimp, along with iced tea or sparkling water.
- Dinner. …
- Dessert. …
Is yogurt OK on South Beach Diet?
The South Beach Diet previously called for the exclusion of all dairy products in Phase 1 with the exception of a small amount of fat-free, nonfat, one-percent, or soy milk for coffee. The list has since been expanded so that the daily allowance during Phase 1 now includes: Up to 2 cups of full-fat milk or yogurt.
Can I drink coffee on South Beach Diet?
Coffee on South Beach Diet
Here at the South Beach Diet, we wholeheartedly approve of coffee on our plan. Just like unsweetened herbal tea, it contains almost no calories or carbs and counts toward your daily fluid intake. On our program, we recommend drinking half of your body weight in ounces of fluid each day.
Is almond milk on South Beach Diet?
Almond milk is a popular alternative to regular milk for those looking for something that falls under the dairy-free category. Upgrade your chocolate or vanilla South Beach Diet Shake for enhanced flavor as well as additional protein, vitamins and nutrients from tasty, nutritious almond milk.
Can you eat cheese on South Beach Diet?
With the South Beach Diet, you still get to eat all of your favorite foods, including cheese!
What can you drink on South Beach Diet Phase 1?
Can I drink alcohol on the South Beach Diet® Program?
- 4 ounces dry red or white wine.
- 1 ½ ounces liquor (bourbon, gin, rum, sake, tequila, vodka)
- 12 ounces lite beer.